Mixon Fruit Farms will be closed for repairs & maintenance Aug 31 - Sept 20
All Store Departments and Tours will be closed. Regular hours will resume Sept 21.
Shipping via Web is still available while store is closed shipping Frozen Juice, Wine & Fudge, Jams & Jellies & more.
Fruit shipping will resume in mid-November
Weddings & Events 941-748-5829 x280 or x268
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Rind of 2 lemons and 1 small grapefruit, white pith scraped
1 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup grapefruit juice
1 (12-ounce) can of light beer
Lemon and grapefruit slices
1. Mix sugar with water in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil; add lemon and grapefruit rinds. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Remove citrus rinds and cool to room temperature.
4. Add lemon and grapefruit juices. Pour into a large pitcher over ice.
5. Add beer and fruit slices just before serving. Stir once to mix.
Servings: 6 (1/2-cup each)