1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Rind of 2 lemons and 1 small grapefruit, white pith scraped
1 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup grapefruit juice
1 (12-ounce) can of light beer
Lemon and grapefruit slices
1. Mix sugar with water in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil; add lemon and grapefruit rinds. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Remove citrus rinds and cool to room temperature.
4. Add lemon and grapefruit juices. Pour into a large pitcher over ice.
5. Add beer and fruit slices just before serving. Stir once to mix.
Servings: 6 (1/2-cup each)