Mixon Fruit Farms will be closed for repairs & maintenance Aug 31 - Sept 20
All Store Departments and Tours will be closed. Regular hours will resume Sept 21.
Shipping via Web is still available while store is closed shipping Frozen Juice, Wine & Fudge, Jams & Jellies & more.
Fruit shipping will resume in mid-November
Weddings & Events 941-748-5829 x280 or x268
Slice Of Heaven Orange-glazed Ham
1 (5- TO 7-pound) fully cooked semi-boneless ham
1 small orange, thinly sliced
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Place ham on rack in open roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into center of meat. Bake 20 minutes per pound or until thermometer reaches 140 degrees F.
3. Meanwhile, combine honey, juice and cloves in a saucepan. Simmer about 15 minutes until the mixture is reduced to a syrupy consistency.
4. Remove ham from oven 30 minutes before end of cooking time; cut off any tough outer skin and discard.
5. Brush with juice mixture; finish cooking while brushing with mixture every 10 minutes. Before the last 10 minutes of cooking, arrange orange slices over ham and brush with remaining juice mixture. Use a wooden toothpick, if necessary to secure orange slices to the ham.
Servings: 8 to 10
Recipe from FAMOUS florida! Easy Breezy Florida Cooking by Joy and Jack Harris