Citrus Uses - Household Tips
- Nature’s own room freshener…a bowl of lemons in the kitchen, dining room or bath for a wonderful aroma
- Odors, such as onion, fish or household bleach, can be removed from hands by rubbing with a wedge of lemon. Helps keep hands smooth and soft as well.
- Use fresh lemon juice to clean chopper. Create a paste of lemon juice and salt and rub item with the mixture to remove oxidation. Rinse very well with clear water and dry. It’s environmentally friendly!
- Left over lemon peels can be used to fertilize roses or other plants needing the extra acidity.
- To remove grease and oil from hands, rub with a cut lemon.
- Boil fresh lemon juice or sliced lemons and water in an aluminum utensil or tea kettle to remove discoloration. Or clean with a cloth dipped in lemon juice; rinse in warm water.
- To renew glass sparkle and brightness, rub glass with cut lemon or soak in lemon juice and water. Rinse well and then dry with a cloth that leaves no lint. This is especially good for glass decanters and coffee pots.
- Put some lemon peel in the fireplace for a lovely fragrance when the fire is lit.
- To remove odors from cutting boards, bleach occasionally by rubbing with half a lemon. Rinse well and dry.
- Keep your garbage disposal smelling fresh by grinding up lemon peels after juicing.